At Electi Cabinet Supply, we offer some of the highest quality medium-density fibreboard (MDF) in the Rio Grande Valley. However, some people may be hesitant to reach for MDF over real wood.
Your cabinet suppliers in Mission will share the benefits of using MDF versus real word for your cabinet building needs!
What is MDF?
Medium-density fibreboard (MDF) is made of the byproducts and shavings of wood and industrial milling, which resembles real wood! The sawdust, shavings, and byproducts are all compacted together and mixed with resin or wax to create MDF panels, usually sanded down and cut into different dimensions.
Read this blog to learn all you need to know about medium-density fibreboards!
Benefits of Real Wood
There are many benefits of choosing real wood for your cabinets. The benefits of choosing real wood are:
- Solid and sturdy
- Lasts longer than other cabinet materials
- It is aesthetically pleasing and has a natural look thanks to its grain patterns
Benefits of Medium-Density Fibreboard
There are numerous benefits that come with using medium-density fibreboard over wood! You can find yourself reaching for MDF once you learn that:
- It is cost-effective. If you are on a budget, you should consider purchasing medium-density fibreboard for all your cabinetry projects and needs.
- It is largely available. Medium-density fibreboard is widely available at Electi Cabinet Supply! It may also come in large 5 feet by 12 feet panels.
- It is easy to paint on. Medium-density fibreboard is extremely easy to paint on. Wood has grooves and ridges that may prevent a straightforward application of paint. With MDF, you will have no issues at all!
- It is stable under many conditions. MDF is great to use in various weather conditions. It can also withstand humidity and heat much better than real wood cabinets.
- MDF has a smooth surface and build. When compared to wood, you will notice that MDF lacks knots, grain, and warping. It is extremely easy to saw, containing no burns or splinters.
- It is incredibly user-friendly and versatile. The flexibility of MDF allows users to work with it in any way that they choose to. You can use fasteners, nails, screws, and other adhesives to create the best cabinets for your home, office, or building!
- MDF is highly compatible with other materials. You can use medium-density fibreboard alongside hardwood and plywood to build and create cabinets and other projects.
Choose Your Cabinet Materials Supplier in Mission, Texas
Medium-density fibreboard has many benefits, making it ideal to choose over real wood for all of your cabinetry projects. At Electi Cabinet Supply, we will help you by recommending the highest quality MDF you can acquire in the Rio Grande Valley. Reach out today and choose your cabinet materials supplier!